Monday, June 25, 2012

This Old Birdhouse

Hello Again!

While I'm working on my next posts about the elements and how they relate to my goals, I thought I would do a nice relaxing summer post.

When we first moved into our apartment, on the balcony hung a dirty weather worn bird house. I'm not sure how long it had hung there, but it was definitely an eye sore. I climbed on a kitchen chair and took it down. The poor run down bird house sat on the balcony in the far corner for almost a year now.



While cleaning the balcony, I thought about throwing it out, but I didn't feel like trekking all the way out to the dumpster. So, I decided that it would be a perfect time to give it a makeover.

I cleaned off the dirt, dead bugs, and cobwebs.

I wanted something bright to liven up the balcony, so I went with some of the same colours that I painted my flower pots with.




I had to come inside to finish it off. The humidity that day was getting to me and I really wanted the paint to dry.


I thought that it might be too bright in colour, but it looks great against the sky and the trees. I hoped that the birds would come to enjoy it. It took them about a week to really find it and use it regularly, but they have. It keeps little Charlie entertained during the day, but I have to watch out so she doesn't run into the door again.

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer as much as I am. Do something creative and take some time to be outside.

-F

1 comment:

  1. Love what you did with the birdhouse! We had a local man that made feeders like that and I always thought I'd like one. I like yours better though - I love a bit of colour!

    ReplyDelete